Heat Stress Training
Not everyone reacts to heat in the same way. Working in high heat environments can put workers at risk of impaired performance, heat illnesses and heat stroke. If working in extreme heat is identified as a hazard in your workplace, it should be managed. Our Heat Stress training aims to equip participants with the knowledge and practical skills to identify, assess and control the risks associated with working in hot environments. These includes;
- high and persistent heat loads,
- high ambient air temperature and/or high relative humidity,
- radiant heat from other sources (e.g. fire, vehicles, equipment and hot-work processes)
Learning objectives & content
This workshop will provide practical advice for dealing with heat illness and related health and safety problems at workplaces. It contains recommended actions and measures to prevent or minimize the likelihood of heat illness. Topics covered include:
- What is heat-relate illness?
- What causes it?
- Who is at risk?
- What strategies can help prevent heat stress and illness? (People, System controls)
- How do you treat it?
- How to stay hydrated
- What is the best drink for optimal hydration?
Ethos Health is happy to work with you to incorporate the elements any ‘Trigger Action Response Plans’(TARPs)your workplace may have.
- Transport and logistics
- Emergency services