Note: This makes a big batch! The leftovers freeze well for another day.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 420g can tomato soup
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 6-7 cups vegetable stock
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans (or any beans – kidney beans, 5 bean mix, Mexebeans)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the zucchini and carrot and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for
- Stir in the tomato soup, diced tomatoes and stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until
the vegetables are tender.
- Add the beans and simmer, uncovered, for a further 3 minutes or until the beans are heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Learn more: Family Meal Planning and Recipes