Assessing the health of workers
Our pre-employment medical and periodic health assessment services are trusted by organisations from industry sectors including utilities, local government, logistics, manufacturing, health and aged care, construction, logistics, renewable energy, transport, professional services and labour hire.
We see clients from Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens and the Hunter from our Newcastle Pre-Employment clinic, with bulk assessment centres delivered at the workplace to minimise downtime and maximise efficiency.
Why choose Ethos Health pre-employment medical services?
Put simply, our goal is to make the assessment process easy for employers and candidates, with a suite of innovative and flexible services delivered by outstanding clinicians, to meet the needs of every organization. Confusing medical terminology is avoided, and results are clearly explained and referenced against documented population norms and published clinical guidelines. We are here to help your HR staff make informed decisions.
- Key health risks are identified and documented, with clear and legally defensible identification of baseline health status and functional capacity
- Assessments are conducted by university-trained health professionals.
- Every report is quality checked to ensure absolutely consistency and accuracy.
- Using our preemployments.com.au platform we can aggregate assessment data and provide insights into new employee health risks, and strategies to encourage a healthier and more productive workforce.
- A rapid (72hr) turnaround from referral to report, and tracking of the assessment and reporting timeline help support timely recruitment decisions
- There is flexibility in assessment inclusions , according to factors such as position demands, legislative requirements & budget.
- Traffic-light reporting customised to each organisation.
Assessments can be conducted at our practice, or your worksite(s).
- We have the capability and capacity to manage large assessment centers; in 2020 we delivered a single-employer project requiring 1500 one-hour assessments in 9 months across 14 sites in Sydney, the Central
Coast, Newcastle & the
- Candidates enjoy prompt, courteous service with flexibility in appointment times to expedite their assessment while accommodating their existing commitments.
- Candidates leave the assessment with a clear understanding of their own health status, and priority measures they can take to address health risks.
- The assessment is conducted so as to reflect positively on the referring organisation, where health is seen to be valued and a culture of shared responsibility is in place.
What is assessed?
Health assessment inclusions vary according to organization and role, but typically include:
We encourage referring organisations to customize their assessment inclusions such that the assessment best matches the inherent physical and functional demands of the role. Our functional assessments are completed by experienced private practice physiotherapists who routinely see acute and chronic injuries sustained at work, home and on the sporting field, and thus have outstanding diagnostic skills.