Time has flown by and young Jack Haslem is now 6 months old and has just ticked off his first Christmas! We are very happy to welcome back Laura from 25th January 2021. Laura will be working 3 days per week, once again dividing her time between our Newcastle and Lake Macquarie practices.
For those of you who haven’t met Laura, she is one of our Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEP’s). AEP’s specialise in clinical exercise interventions
for people with a broad range of health issues. AEP’s are the experts in safe exercise prescription for ‘special populations’; we all know that ‘exercise’
helps people with conditions such as:
- Cardiovascular disease; including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or following a cardiac event
- Pulmonary disease; including COPD and cystic fibrosis
- Metabolic disease; including diabetes and overweight
- Neurological disease; including post traumatic brain injury and for neurological conditions including Parkinsons, MS and MSA.
- Musculoskeletal problems; including arthritis, osteoporosis/osteopenia, acute and/or chronic musculoskeletal issues, pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation,
and falls prevention.
- Depression and other mental health conditions
But it is the AEP who can design a safe program that helps each patient achieve the benefits of exercise.